Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Deer Hunting

Yes, this last weekend I went deer hunting for the first time. Any who know me know I'm not much of the outdoorsy type, but I actually had a good time. We didn't get anything, let alone even SEE anything. All we ended up doing was a little target practice...I missed everytime, lol. I never could quite get the scope to line up with what I was shooting at. All in all it was still a good trip. We drove around the woods all day and there were some truly breathtaking views of Puget Sound from up on the mountain.

On another note, my friend Leah and I decided we were going to join a gym so we can get all hot :). Really we are just trying to get a little healthier. Tonight we are taking our first yoga class. I should be fun (I hope).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MALISSA!!!!! I'm so excited that you've started a blog. This is the best way for me to stay in contact with anybody. As I'm bad at staying in contact too!! (Probably the worst person at it!) Hope all is well, I sure do miss you. If you come in town for any of the upcoming holidays, let me know, send me and email, call me. I would love to get together! I love you!!!

melanie said...

I would enjoy the scenery but I doubt I have the patience required to 'wait' for a deer sighting. And just cause you see one doesn't mean you'll get it. But photos of the fall trees and scenery, that would be nice.

How was yoga? Our gym has a class but it's at the wrong time for me. I do want to make it one day though. I've done it before, it can be a workout!

Brianne said...

I joined a gym last month and I love it!! In September I started walking around the high school's track and then worked up to running a little too. Then it started getting cold so I worried that I might wuss out because of the cold so I joined a gym. I love that it gives me an opportunity to get out of the house when I need to if I don't have anything else to do too!

As for deer hunting, I think I'd pass. But, I don't mind shooting guns. I remember changing water on the farm and I had Dad's pickup and I grabbed his .22 and played around for a while. Probably not the safest thing to do, especially when I was supposed to be working.